Monday, November 9, 2009

Jobs in Costa Rica

I'm leaning toward going to Costa Rica now, considering that I won't be available for employment until mid-September. The school year in South America starts in March and I don't necessarily want to wait around Eugene in a state of limbo until then.

Also, in Costa Rica there are a lot of opportunities for teaching Business English, so my endorsement from Bridge Linguatec should help in that respect.According to an article from Transitions Abroad, the best way to look for a job in Costa Rica is to just go there and then conduct an active search. I used to feel apprehensive about doing so and thought I wanted to procure a job from overseas, but now I feel more confident.

Also, with the cost of plane tickets to Costa Rica being so low (approx. $400 round-trip), it wouldn't be the end of the world if I went down there with my husband, couldn't find a job, and then came back after a month or so and called it a long vacation.Now that I have a specific country in mind, I plan to do some more specific research to really understand the culture of Costa Rica and also the general requirements for teaching English there.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home